Pass It On--writeup in the Mammoth Times Sierra Magazine

  • Roleigh
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2012
      If you have not pledged the John Muir Trail project, please consider doing so. Here is a link for more information.
      http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=67469

      Sent to you by Roleigh via Google Reader:

      via THE MUIR PROJECT on 6/25/12

      Pass It On

      One good story deserves another, right?

      We were so lucky that Michael Koehen found The Muir Project, interviewed us, and pitched our story. Now, we’re featured in Mammoth Times Sierra magazine, with a cover photo, 5 pages and a wonderful overview of the project so others can get a feel for it all.

      When Mammoth Times told us we were the feature story, they also relayed a terrific story about how the article is traveling the JMT.  Apparently someone had picked up the magazine in Mammoth, read the JMT/ Muir Project article while on the trail and then passed it on to another hiker going the reverse direction. How can you not love that?

      Our project began as a simple desire to complete the trail and enjoy documenting the process. Along the way, our mission expanded. We hope that The Muir Project will inspire others to step out of their box and have their own adventure. On the trail, through their art, in any way that makes their heart soar, we hope everyone has the chance to set, fight for and achieve their goal.

      And every step of the way, we’ve been greeted by warm thanks for the project and an overwhelming response by people wanting to get involved. Well, now here’s your chance. We’ll be embarking on a Kickstarter campaign soon, and we need everyone to share this story (and give what you can) to bring us these last few steps. (more details on that coming soon...)

      We’re so proud of what we’ve accomplished, the team we’ve gathered and all of the people that believe in our mission.  We hope you’ll continue to join us on this journey by continuing to pass it on.

      Things you can do from here: