RE: [John Muir Trail] Muir Trail Ranch Sat 9/8

  • robert shattuck
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2012

      "if anyone was staying in a cabin on 9/8 and had room for 1 more?"

      I heard an interesting/alleged bit of news this time regarding the lovely MTR . . . seems that if you are alone, pay for night, and get a cabin with two beds, that's it––you can't suddenly run out to the trail and invite someone to come stay in your cabin or tent cabin without them having to pay––so unless you are very sneaky, or willing to cough up the full $145-150, whatever, then don't plan on crashing for the night in MTR.

      I was also bummed to find that, Jim, at the VVR, has closed the tent cabins to hikers . . . apparently he's had a few too many incidents (with PCTers)––one in particular where a rowdy bunch got drunk and peed all over the tent.

      After a long day over Goodale Pass, I was really looking forward to one of those beds and a decent pillow, but, noooo. Otherwise the food was yummy and well worth sleeping in my tent.

      BOB

      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      From: bill.clements@...
      Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 23:35:14 +0000
      Subject: [John Muir Trail] Muir Trail Ranch Sat 9/8

      Hi All,

      I was just wondering if anyone was staying in a cabin on 9/8 and had room for 1 more? I would only need a place to lay my head that night 9/8 and would split the cost with you. As I understand it it requires a 2 night stay. I only need a place to stay just the one night and would prefer a cabin over the tent cabins. I'll be traveling light, fastpacking the evolution loop.

      Thanks!

      -Bill
      Feel free to contact me directly bill.clements@...