Re: [John Muir Trail] The Boot Myth

  • scriv.ener
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2012
      There's another factor, too, for even the short boots offer better protection against shallow snow, water and scree. But gaters solve snow and scree issues, and as to water, well the shoes dry quicker.

      I agree, the lugs of a good boot sole "bite" better. And I appreciate what you say about ankle support. I guess we differ on whether that difference is worth it on a well-trod trail.