just finished . . . whitney closed on ???

  • robert shattuck
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2012
      just a note for those of you heading out soon--whitney will be closed for a few days, due to blasting and trail work. I should have written down the dates, but my personal descent record was at stake (3.15 from trail crest to portal!) . . . there are two periods . . . 3rd to the 7th of Sept and something else. Anyway, if you are going to start at whitney, best to figure this one out . . . now back to the many splendors of a night in Lone Pine.

      Bob

    • John
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30, 2012
        wave as you pass by. Better yet, stop for a beer!

        John

      • cjoslyn99
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 31, 2012
          From Inyo's website:

          Permits will not be issued to enter on dates the trail is closed for
          trail work, Sept.4-7 and Sept 10-13.

          --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, robert shattuck <bobolonius@...>
          wrote:

          > just a note for those of you heading out soon--whitney will be closed
          for a few days, due to blasting and trail work. I should have written
          down the dates, but my personal descent record was at stake (3.15 from
          trail crest to portal!) . . . there are two periods . . . 3rd to the 7th
          of Sept and something else. Anyway, if you are going to start at
          whitney, best to figure this one out . . . now back to the many
          splendors of a night in Lone Pine.
          > Bobhttp://www.summitpost.org/plans/view_activity.php?post_id=6480

        • Tim Goodrich
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 4, 2012

            Yes, I can confirm this as I just came down from Whitney yesterday. Although it said the trail closed starting on the 4th, on my way down on the 3rd I already saw some trail maintainers getting ready for work.

            Tim