Pack Capacity

  • hewhohikesalot
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2008
      Can anyone tell me if a Berikade Expedition (9" x 14") will fit in a
      Granite Gear Nimbus Meridian pack. I realize it will have to go in
      vertical but was wondering if it will actually go in at all and how
      much room will be left for other gear. I plan to travel fairly light
      so I do not need a lot of room.

      Thanks.
    • Paul
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2008
        I use the same canister in my ULA Circuit 3600 cu. It takes up half
        the space. There is just enough room for my bag, pad, clothes, tent
        and stove/cook kit. everything else fits in the outside pockets.

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "hewhohikesalot"
        <hewhohikes@...> wrote:

        > Can anyone tell me if a Berikade Expedition (9" x 14") will fit in a
        > Granite Gear Nimbus Meridian pack. I realize it will have to go in
        > vertical but was wondering if it will actually go in at all and how
        > much room will be left for other gear. I plan to travel fairly
        light
        > so I do not need a lot of room.
        >
        > Thanks.

      • Matt Murray
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2008
          I'll know for sure in a few days, but so far, yes. I made a mock up
          (wood and aluminum flashing) and it fits horizontally in the bottom of
          my GG Nimbus Latitude (Which I think is the same size, just different
          features). My pack will be packed by Thursday night for my Saturday
          morning departure. Stay tuned.

          Also, Wild Ideas has a special rate for JMT hikers, flat fee $55.
          Sweet! Be sure to call them for the deal.

          -Matt

          http://trailjournals.com/mhm

          Matt Murray
          mhm@...