Re: [John Muir Trail] cash or credit

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 29, 2012
      I suggest that you don't take only cash. I once had a nasty surprise when I needed a piece of gear (a bearcan rental) and they insisted on a credit card for a security deposit and mine was 7 miles away in the car.  After that experience, I take both a Visa card and cash.  (Besides, you could use it and tape to splint an jammed finger)