University Pass

  • ericp2311
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2012
      Greetings, Everyone,

      I am heading out on July 4th from Onion Vally to WP. Has anyone accessed Center basin via University Pass? I'm thinking it may be a good way to shave a few miles off of the trip. Also, I would really like to see center Basin, and this route would take us there without a detour.

      we are a group of four experienced backpackers, and I am confident in my route finding abilities using a map and compass.

      Would an ice axe and crampons be necessary for this route? I would like to avoid carrying the extra weight, and would rather go via Kearsarge Pass to avoid it.

      Thanks!