Re: [John Muir Trail] re: neo air

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 19, 2012
      The NeoAir is not for everyone, I don't like it either.  Tried one for 2 months.  I had the full length one.  Heck, I like the Klymit Inertia X-Frame mattress better than the NeoAir (but I'm not crazy about the Klymit either).  I tried it 3 nights.  I prefer the Thermarest ProLite Regular (1 lb) or the Montbell 150 (5 ft) Sleeping Pad (18 oz).  Although the Klymit Inertia XL looks great at 16 oz and 25" wide.
      Visit Roleigh's Google Profile
      _

      On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 5:12 PM, tracy day <mammoth_runner@...> wrote:

      just got back from a trip from mammoth pass to tuolumne. i used a small neo air and i hated it. i'm a side sleeper and i tried it fully inflated all the wayto almost deflated looking for something comfortable. i also had the gossamer gear thin pad underneath it. i couldnt get comfortable in any position.when on my back it would push my lower back up while my hips and shoulders were lower which really was uncomfortable. on my side i rolled off the sides unless i was perfectly centered. i finally slept on the gossamer and used the neo under my legs. just the gossamer thin pad was more comfortable. the neo was a furnace though, i'll give it that. and everyone else i met loved it.
      p.s. the trail was totally doable with most of the blowdowns cut. the rest were easy to navigate with a little extra time.
      mmammothrunner