Shuttle from Mammoth

  • denisepoyer
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2012
      My husband and I have been section hiking the JMT for over 10 years now. We have just 88 miles left to do, from the intersection of Piute Trail north to TM, which we plan to do this Sept. We are from RI and have limited vacation time. Right now we plan to fly into Reno, rent a car, and spend a couple of nights in Mammoth. The day before the hike we will leave our rental car at TM and take the YARTS back to Mammoth. So we will need a shuttle from our hotel in Mammoth to the North Lake Trailhead. We'd like to leave early and be at the trailhead around 8 am. I see a number of shuttle services listed on the Crib Sheet, but I'm not sure which would apply to what we need. Can anyone offer suggestions?
    • Barbara Karagosian
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2012
        Maybe check out if there is a bus of some kind from Mammoth to Bishop.  After that you might be able to hitch up to the North Lake trailhead, or call th suttles listed , or maybe taxis in Bishop to see about a ride.

        Barbara

        On May 3, 2012, at 7:51 AM, "denisepoyer" <denisepoyer@...> wrote:

        My husband and I have been section hiking the JMT for over 10 years now. We have just 88 miles left to do, from the intersection of Piute Trail north to TM, which we plan to do this Sept. We are from RI and have limited vacation time. Right now we plan to fly into Reno, rent a car, and spend a couple of nights in Mammoth. The day before the hike we will leave our rental car at TM and take the YARTS back to Mammoth. So we will need a shuttle from our hotel in Mammoth to the North Lake Trailhead. We'd like to leave early and be at the trailhead around 8 am. I see a number of shuttle services listed on the Crib Sheet, but I'm not sure which would apply to what we need. Can anyone offer suggestions?

      • Don
        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2012
          Try http://www.highsierrashuttle.com They service that area.