[John Muir Trail] Re: Red's Meadow Shuttle Bus

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 10 , May 3, 2012
      Thanks for the clarification. I assumed correctly what you had in mind. To answer your original question of if she would have time to catch the YARTS at the Main Mammoth Lodge after getting a ride UP out of the valley on the Reds Meadow/Devils Postpile Shuttle where Reds Meadow Backpackers campground is...is probably no. I would have her go into Mammoth Lakes the night before and catch YARTS at one of the stops it makes in Mammoth Lakes before heading on to Yosemite, ( Shiloh Inn/McDonalds ).

      FWIW, If your friend does stay at the Main Mammoth Lodge that night, it is a bit expensive, but a great place to stay. As an added benefit , ( at least with the manager I got a couple years ago ), if you are staying there they will hold a re-supply package for you as well.