Think of purchasing a Bearikade Expedition Cannister as purchasing Gold -- it will not lose its value

    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2012
      Think of purchasing a Bearikade Expedition Cannister as purchasing Gold -- it will not lose its value.

      It's nearly as indestructible as Gold too.  Yes it could catch some scratches but nobody cares about that.  The "O" ring could get old but those are cheap to replace.

      Specifications:
      • 2 pounds 5 ounces
      • 9" diameter base by 14" length
      • 900 cubic inch volume

      You would never have a problem selling a one year old Bearikade Expedition Cannister for $40 less than a new one I'd be willing to bet.  I know I bought a used one for $40 less than a new one.

      http://www.wild-ideas.net/b_expedition.html
      Inline image 1
      Visit Roleigh's Google Profile
      _

    • rnperky@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2012
        Too funny! I agree that my Bearikade, ( Weekender ), has been WELL worth the initial outlay, but it has paid for itself repeatedly in my years in the Sierras! It even has some 'war scars' from a prolonged attempt to open it by a bear in Vidette Meadows several years back. If I had to get 8 - 9 days worth of food from MTR to Whitney Portal, I would opt for the Expedition everytime over seperate containers. It is going to save on a lot of weight and you can put a lot of your other gear in it as your food supply dwindles.

        > Think of purchasing a Bearikade Expedition Cannister as purchasing Gold --
        > it will not lose its value.
        >
        > It's nearly as indestructible as Gold too. Yes it could catch some
        > scratches but nobody cares about that. The "O" ring could get old but
        > those are cheap to replace.
        >
        > *Specifications:*
        > • 2 pounds 5 ounces
        > • 9" diameter base by 14" length
        > • 900 cubic inch volume
        >
        > You would never have a problem selling a one year old Bearikade Expedition
        > Cannister for $40 less than a new one I'd be willing to bet. I know I
        > bought a used one for $40 less than a new one.
        >
        > http://www.wild-ideas.net/b_expedition.html
        > [image: Inline image 1]
        > Visit Roleigh's Google
        > Profile<https://profiles.google.com/104440166440169700478/about>
        > _

      • speedcenter2001
        Message 3 of 5 , May 3, 2012
          you need stickers on that can - without it you look like a total rookie :)

          Message 4 of 5 , May 3, 2012
            I have a ton of stickers on my can!

            On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 12:27 PM, speedcenter2001 <pburke@...> wrote:

            you need stickers on that can - without it you look like a total rookie :)

          • mcd crook
            Message 5 of 5 , May 3, 2012
              Anybody have one of these for sale?

              thanks,
              McDowell

              you need stickers on that can - without it you look like a total rookie :)