tarp-like material to use as inside tent flooring

  • Patronio@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1 11:32 PM
      Can someone recommend any kind of materia to use as the inside flooring for a 6-person teng? (anything that has previously used as a footprint but better looking than Kevlar?). I have an REI Kingdom 6 in which I want to use chairs inside without perforating its floor.
      Thank you for any suggestions.
      Julio
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2 5:49 AM
        There's a grade of fabric-style Tyvek (Type 1443R Tyvek ) used in kite making that Don Amundson recommended a while back.  The website intothewind.com sells a plain-white 60 inch wide version for $3.50 per yard.  I got some at his recommendation and I've been quite happy with it (under tents as a groundcloth).  If weight isn't a consideration, you could consider the heavier grades of Tyvek used as building wrap, though they will be slippery underfoot and will have Tyvek logos.