Re: Sequoia, Kings Canyon to keep pack animals

  • jaymiche@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2012
      Keep in mind that these are seasonal businesses. They have to cram in enough business in a few months to cover costs of feeding their animals etc all year long. I suspect margins are pretty small and fewer permits would be enough to put them under. Plenty of hikers on this forum have had permits denied which would mean lost customers to a pack station. The fewer people there are who visit the backcountry, the fewer there will be to support its preservation.