Re: [John Muir Trail] PCT Kickoff

  • adzo617
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 28, 2012
      It's plenty warm there for sure!
      Sad I didn't get a chance to meet you Barbara, maybe we'll meet on the trail this summer :)
    • Don Amundson
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 30, 2012
      Maybe next year we can all coordinate our visit to ADZPCTKO in order to meet up.  There may be may be larger gatherings of backpackers but this one is certainly an awe inspiring event.  The sea of various tents/shelters and the people that go with them is an amazing sight.  If you've ever wanted hands inspection of products of the backpacking "cottage industry" this would be the place to go.
      As always there was a lot of concern about traveling through the Sierras and the JMT--the bear canister booth was packed as was Mountain Education's Mountaineering Skills presentation.

      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      From: adzo617@...
      Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 00:30:54 +0000
      Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] PCT Kickoff

      Sad I didn't get a chance to meet.................

    • Don
      Message 3 of 6 , Apr 30, 2012
        I guess I should have identified the tent shopper in the photos--It's a long time member of this group and the trusty keeper/dispenser of the JMT pins, Barbara Karagosian.
        Message 4 of 6 , Apr 30, 2012
          Sorry I missed you, but with over 1,000 people to talk to...

          It WAS a great event. It was also our biggest year yet, so big the park's septic tank kept overflowing even after being pumped out several times until they finally closed the bathrooms. I'd expect some big changes next year.