Vermillion Valley Resupply in May

  • Joe MacLeish
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 25, 2012

      From Jim at Vermillion Valley on May situation for resupply.

      Vermilion Valley Resort:  We'll definitely pick up re-supply boxes and will have some tent cabins for rent.  Store will be open.

      Sunday at 12:31

    • Bruce Goodman
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 30, 2015
        I ran into Will last Thursday coming down from Kearsarge Pass. He hiked through the night over Forester Pass wearing sandals. His boots blew out and he was headed to Bishop for a new pair. What a nice guy.I wish him success in his journey.

        Bruce

        On Tuesday, June 30, 2015 1:50 AM, "apdanza@... [johnmuirtrail]" <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Hey everyone,

        There seems to be a general drought in current trail reports so far this year as the first Sobo and Nobo JMT hikers have likely begun in the past few weeks, and Nobo PCT thru-hikers are approaching or on the Sierra now.

        If you're like me and itching for a glimpse of snow and water conditions, PCT thru-hiker Will Wood aka Red Beard, is just now approaching Whitney and will hit the high Sierra section over the next two weeks. His videos offer a fantastic view of trail experience and conditions. Catch his very well organized YouTube channel for updates over the next two weeks for a glimpse of the JMT! His AT thru-hike videos are a great way to experience that trail too.

        See you on the JMT in just 20 days!

        -Drew

      • George Schlossnagle
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 1, 2015
          I just completed my nobo trip. Water is plentiful. No (well almost no) snow on the passes.

          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 6
            Hi Joel and anyone doing thru hike in July - early August. Hope you can post trail conditions. Three friends and I start August 21, supper excited, should be interesting with all the snow this winter.

            Diane
          • becklaurence
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 6
              I started from Happy Isles in 2011 about the same time (8/23 I think) and we had some snow on the north side of several passes especially Forester. It didn't really create a problem though because the snow was never more than 1/4 mile long and there was always a well traveled foot print path. I never needed microspikes either. I expect the same for this year too.
            • trailtalker
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 6
                How were the water crossings at that time? We are starting 8/23. So I can leave my yak tracks at home if it ends up to be similar to 2011? Was considering micro spikes, but was waiting to see. I'm a Florida gal!

                Trailtalker
              • Larry Beck
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 6
                  I'd say it wasn't bad. That year we only had to take our boots off at Evolution Creek and at Bear Creek.

                  Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone