Are there any lawyers in the group who offline might care to help create a "release of liability" group hiking form for JMT hikes?

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2012
    Are there any lawyers in the group who offline might care to help create a "release of liability" group hiking form for JMT hikes?

    I know there are several "group" hike organizers who because they do not like to hike alone will organize a group for zero remuneration just so they can (a) hike with others on the JMT and (b) meet new friends (hopefully they'll become that).  I'm in this category myself.  Wanting to protect myself and others who do likewise, I am interested in something like the attached (a draft) release of liability group hiking form.  The idea is that everyone who are hiking together (regardless if under one permit or more than one permit) would sign this form (and do it before meeting up, so it can be signed, scanned and shared with each person--typically via email or Google Documents).

    If you are a lawyer or experienced in such documents and want to help, let's do it offline and keep your name private since I am asking for "pro bono" (free) help here.  I will provide in email a version of the attached PDF in Word format.

    With the "final draft", I will want to place this in our file library.

    A lawyer familiar with California law is most desired but may not be necessary since most states are similar except for Louisiana.

    Thank you very much in advance.
    Visit Roleigh's Google Profile
    _