Mondays Snow Survey Results

  • Kim Fishburn
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2012
      http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/04/02/BAPH1NTMOA.DTL
    • mizcottonball
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2012
        Horrible as I feel for enjoying what is going to make many farmers' lives miserable, I'm loving this news given my July 1 start date! I'll be doing an anti-rain dance for the next 3 months.
      • calif2nc
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3, 2012
          I'm with you on this one, cottonball. I have a July 24 start date. It looks like the weather forecast is for little to no snow through the first part of April, and there is little chance of a substantial bump up in snow levels after that. My main concern now is mosquitoes. I've heard some say mosquitoes will be bad going this early. But if meadows and such are melted weeks earlier than normal, it seems the mosquito hatch ought to be weeks early too - so maybe this would be like a mid to late July hike in other years. I've heard others say the mosquitoes will be lighter than normal due to less water. There's a lot of folklore, but I s'pose the only way to find out is to get out there and see for ourselves!

          Good Luck!
          Dan

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3, 2012
            I just re-read my post - It should have said I have a JUNE 24 start date. That may make more sense...

            Dan