Re: [John Muir Trail] Splitting a permit

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2012
      Ask the ranger to split the permit at pickup time for that reason. We got signed copies of our permit that gave our hikers permit protection if they (1 or  more) had to turn around or exit on a long spur trail.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Apr 1, 2012, at 5:37 PM, "marre_e" <marre_e@...> wrote:

      Hi gang,

      Just wondering if anyone knows, if you have a permit for a group and a philosophical difference occurs in how some want to hike the trail, or if some learn they need to be done earlier, or there are irreconcilable differences that arise before the trip, is it possible to "split" the permit? i.e. Four people still hike, but in a different configuration?

      thx