thanks for the sleeping bag info

  • h_talon
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2012
      I'm going to have a six moons trekker for a tent, and no added
      body for add warmth, ( solo hiking )

      date (thanks to my great wife) 20 aug - 8sept ..

      I've decided to go with a Western Mountaineering UltraLite Sleeping Bag good to 20 degrees ... only thing is I'm 6'01" and the smaller
      is for a 6' wonder if I can squeeze in. it would save 2oz .. can i a ford the weight :-) ..

      again thanks for the help :-)

      to figure out the food thing :-) not to mention I'm starting
      P90X soon .. this will be fun ...

      Talon

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1 7:08 AM
          When I used to do R&D for Moonstone back in the day, I would use whatever bags they would ship me. Consequently I got to demo many shapes and sizes.

          I found bags that were just a bit short or even "the correct" length to be a bit less comfortable around the head and shoulders. For 2 oz. I'd get the longer one and take a handful or two less gorp!

          And like JL said, it gives a bit of room for warming stuff and to store what extra food won't fit in your bear can; like the bacon for breakfast!. (Just kidding folks! though it has been done)

          JD