Re: [John Muir Trail] NOBO HST/JMT trip.

  • LEBRUN
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 31, 2012
      Sounds like a great trip -- Good Luck!

      Bruce

      On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 7:05 PM, Dale Stuart <onetwolaugh@...> wrote:

      I hiked the JMT, TM to WP and then bused back to TM and hiked the final leg into HI.  It was a great hike and so I wanted to do more this year.  Not liking the uncertainty of the Yosemite permit process I went for a NOBO option instead.

      I was able to get a HST/JMT permit starting at Sequoia NP with no hassles what so ever.

      I will park my car at Yosemite valley and YARTS to Merced then greyhound to Versalia where I catch a shuttle into Sequoia NP the next day.  I am doing the HST then heading north on the JMT back to my car.

      I will let you know how it all goes.

      -Dale