Re: [John Muir Trail] Kindle vs Ipad for books on the Trail

    Message 1 of 25 , Mar 24, 2012
      I ordered the book mentioned in my earlier posting, below, in part because it was so cheap.  It is not new but the coverage is quite good and the parts I have read are readable and quite detailed.  I recommend it pretty highly, not so much for a full read as for skimming and reading the parts that interest you.  Covers geology, plants. animals, etc.  Not a lot of color pictures but a lot of line drawings and good text.  In comparison to "Sierra Nevada natural History" I'd say it was an improvement, thought the two books overlap in their coverage.  The Sierra Club book seems to be available much cheaper than the other one, when I looked, at least.

      On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 4:33 PM, John Ladd <johnladd@...> wrote:
      This one maybe?

      A Sierra Club naturalist's guide to the Sierra Nevada

      Cover (earlier printing)

      Inline image 2

      Available cheap here (like $4 including shipping):