Happy Isles to Illilouette Trailhead option

  • Spencer Goodwine
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 18 9:00 PM
    Draft Attached. Please feel free to comment, add, subtract, etc. I
    tried to upload to the "Files" section, but it was taking ages, so
    anyone who has the patience, feel free to upload.

    Best,

    Spencer
    Message 2 of 13 , Mar 19 7:45 AM
      Spencer, thanks.  I'll look at it and help get it uploaded and give you full credit.  Thanks again!
      Visit Roleigh's Google Profile
      _

      On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 12:00 AM, Spencer Goodwine <sdgoodwine@...> wrote:

      [Attachment(s) from Spencer Goodwine included below]

      Draft Attached. Please feel free to comment, add, subtract, etc. I
      tried to upload to the "Files" section, but it was taking ages, so
      anyone who has the patience, feel free to upload.

      Best,

      Spencer

    • marre_e
      Message 3 of 13 , Mar 19 6:45 PM
        We are doing this option, so thanks for the map.

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Spencer Goodwine <sdgoodwine@...> wrote:

        > Draft Attached. Please feel free to comment, add, subtract, etc. I
        > tried to upload to the "Files" section, but it was taking ages, so
        > anyone who has the patience, feel free to upload.
        >
        > Best,
        >
        > Spencer

      • erin_wired
        Message 4 of 13 , Mar 24 8:29 PM
          Spencer,

          I joined this group a few weeks ago specifically looking for suggestions about this option since that is the permit I got. I am just now going through the last week's postings...

          THANK YOU!!! It is great to see it on a map and know for sure that it will all work out. How many miles in would you say that is the first day? Just trying to gauge my timing for the first day in.
          -Erin

          --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Spencer Goodwine <sdgoodwine@...> wrote:

          > Draft Attached. Please feel free to comment, add, subtract, etc. I
          > tried to upload to the "Files" section, but it was taking ages, so
          > anyone who has the patience, feel free to upload.
          >
          > Best,
          >
          > Spencer

        • jksierrastar
          Message 5 of 13 , Apr 11, 2012
            Thanks for the map!

            I am going to fax in a permit app for Happy Isles/Illioutte option (stating 1st nights camp is Illiouette) with three choices of entry dates (that do not show on the full trail heads report).

            I am wondering if I should just call...sounds like they don't like these trail head workarounds. Would they reject a fax application simply because they try to discourage these trail heads as JMT entry points? We shall see...the trail head reports shows that all three of my entry dates are open.

            Thanks again
          • Adam .

              Message 7 of 13 , Apr 11, 2012
                I just faxed it then read your message! I simply stated 1st night camping at Illioutte...I did not say Falls or Basin...I wonder if they will reject it...grrrr! I guess I can call in the morning. Darn!

                Will they assume I meant Illioutte Falls? Or Basin?

                Thanks!
              • jksierrastar
                Message 8 of 13 , Apr 12, 2012
                  SUPER excited! We are confirmed for July 10th using the Happy Isles/Illouette option!!!!!!

                  So cool!!!!

                  Thanks to everyone for suggesting this option!
                • vege_matic
                  Message 9 of 13 , Feb 5, 2013
                    I've just secured a permit for this option! Does anyone know if we may spend our second night at LYV? We want to meet up with some friends who will be there.
                    -vegematic

                    --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Spencer Goodwine wrote:

                    > Draft Attached. Please feel free to comment, add, subtract, etc. I
                    > tried to upload to the "Files" section, but it was taking ages, so
                    > anyone who has the patience, feel free to upload.
                    >
                    > Best,
                    >
                    > Spencer

                  • Robert
                    Message 10 of 13 , Feb 5, 2013
                      Yes you can:

                      http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/lyv.htm

                      Have a great trip!

                      Message 11 of 13 , Feb 5, 2013
                        I can't imagine why you could not.  Do doublecheck with the ranger but I can't imagine why it would be prohibited under the terms of the permit.

                        You're going to have a lot of time to chat with your friends as your hike will only be about 3 miles long that day though.
                        _

                        On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 5:54 PM, vege_matic <eatonn@...> wrote:

                        I've just secured a permit for this option! Does anyone know if we may spend our second night at LYV? We want to meet up with some friends who will be there.
                        -vegematic

                        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Spencer Goodwine wrote:

                        > Draft Attached. Please feel free to comment, add, subtract, etc. I
                        > tried to upload to the "Files" section, but it was taking ages, so
                        > anyone who has the patience, feel free to upload.
                        >
                        > Best,
                        >
                        > Spencer

                      • vege_matic
                        Message 12 of 13 , Feb 5, 2013
                          --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Roleigh Martin wrote:

                          > I can't imagine why you could not. Do doublecheck with the ranger but I
                          > can't imagine why it would be prohibited under the terms of the permit.
                          >
                          > You're going to have a lot of time to chat with your friends as your hike
                          > will only be about 3 miles long that day though.

                          Yes, I noticed it would be a short day. I think we'll do some exploring in the area. I'd like to hike out and back a ways on the Panorama Trail, for instance.
                        • vege_matic
                          Message 13 of 13 , Feb 5, 2013
                            Thanks, that looks great.