Re: vehicle parking @ Whitney then

  • Don
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2012
      Parking at Whitney Portal is easy-just park it in the lot up there. Pay attention to the bear issues regarding your car. Leave a chip bag in view and you might be missing a car door when you return.
      It's easy to get a ride to Lone Pine and possibly beyond from WP. If you don't want to wing it you can hire a shuttle to pick you up. From Lone Pine you can catch the Crest bus to Mammoth and the Yarts bus from there to Yosemite. The Yarts bus only runs once a day from Mammoth with the last pick up at 8:30am in front of the Shiloh Inn. In order to make the connection you need to catch the 6:15am bus in Lone Pine.
      There are endless variations to this scenario.

      More info:

      http://estransit.com/pages/bus-routes.php

      http://www.yarts.com/schedule/2011/120summer2011.pdf