Re: [John Muir Trail] I have my Horseshoe Meadow to Happy Isles permit in my back pocket. Now I have

  • LEBRUN
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2012
      I have gone NOBO twice and was well into my fifies.  Great way to get started.  Checkout the bear boxes along the trail for the first 50 miles of your NOBO trip we carried food for tens to VVR.  When you finish take the YARTs bus back to Mammoth Lakes and stay at the RV Campground (hot showers about $30 for the night).  Night day take the bus back to Lone Pine.

      Bruce

      On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 12:39 AM, wcgornto <wcgornto@...> wrote:

      sent in the permit request for Yosemite (three preferences) to Whitney Portal. This will be my one and only attempt to obtain a Southbound permit.

      It will be nice to have a SOBO permit in hand so that I can decide which way I really want to go. But if I strike out on this one attempt, I will be perfectly content ... and in shape ... and acclimatized to go NOBO.