Fw: Fwd: FW: The Grizzly lost it!

  • Kim Fishburn
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2012
      I know its not a Yosemite Black Bear, but it illustrates the reason why you don't leave anything in a car. I wouldn't even leave a box visible in a car. I read in the paper that a bear broke into a park van in Tuolumne Meadows on a year with lots of snow. There was a blanket on the floor and it wanted to see if anything was underneath it. Mini Vans are a favorite with the bears. Imagine taking the kids to McDonald's and they drop french fries etc on the floor. It would be pretty hard to get that smell out.
      Waterton. Alberta

      Last Monday morning he came out to find the inside of his 18-month-old Toyota Sequoia trashed.

      A grizzly bear had somehow got a door open (easy considering the way the handles are) and once
      inside got trapped when the door shut behind him.

      Probably the wind.

      The Toyota was a platinum edition, all the door panels were ripped off, the headliner torn to pieces, all headrests, the leather seats, the dash shredded.

      The steering column was twisted sideways.

      Two of the six airbags went off, the other four the bear ripped to pieces.

      You can imagine a trapped grizzly being hit with an airbag in  an enclosed space must have figured he was in for the fight of his life.

      When the bear ripped off the door panels he clawed all the wiring harnesses out.

      Toyota figures every wire he pulled or clawed at resulted in bells, voices or sparks.

      The head mechanic at Calgary Toyota doubted if they had the expertise to put it back together.

      To add insult to injury the bear took a big dump in the back of the SUV and then broke out the rear window.

      Fish and Wildlife officers have inspected the damage and figure it was a 3-year-old griz.

      From blood left behind they are doing DNA.

      The vehicle has been written off, cost new over $70,000 they stopped counting repair costs at $60,000
      No virus found in this message.