Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Lyell Canyon Entry Point

  • Bill Hegardt
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2012
      On 3/1/2012 1:44 PM, Bill wrote:

      I've done both the Mist Trail and JMT switchbacks on previous trips. Think I'll go the JMT purist route this trip and stick to the switchbacks :)

      I've done both many times and my current favorite is the lower part of the Mist Trail to the top of Vernal Falls, then take the short trail that cuts up to the JMT again. There's a nice view point looking down on Vernal Falls that you only see from this short trail. I also prefer the scenic JMT approach to Nevada falls over the steep upper portion of the Mist trail, but no matter how you do it, you cannot go wrong.

      Just my 2 cents worth.

      - Bill