Re: [John Muir Trail] Calorie Deficit in training for a JMT -- a great way to be healthier and reduce your spine-weight out for your JMT

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 29, 2012
      On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 9:05 PM, John Ladd <johnladd@...> wrote:
      It strikes me that we are veering off-topic ... into particular weight-loss methods ....  I suggest we close the thread or move it to Sidebar.

      I do think this topic is a good one for Sidebar and I started a "Favorite Diets" thread there and described the diet that has led to a 55 lb weight loss for me (over many years).

      For those of you who don't know Sidebar (fewer than 60 of you have joined so far), it includes a lot of very interesting items that are tangential to the main reasons for this Group. Roleigh, in particular, posts a lot of stuff there based on his extensive monitoring of other sites of interest and I've found many interesting ideas there thanks to his posts.

      To join Sidebar, go here

      and click on the Join button.

      To post there, after joining, you just e-mail your thoughts to

      or, as with the main Group, just Reply to a Sidebar posting (make sure you are replying to the Group, not just the sender)

      If you decide that you are getting too many posts, you can always chose the option for "Web access only" or "no e-mails" or "Daily Digest"/

      John Ladd