PCTA & operation blowdown

  • trail2nowhere
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2012
      Keeping the JMT open is a lot of work easy to take for granted. With the slash and burn budgets in DC these days, the PCTA is even more critical. The PCTA will need volunteers this spring to help clear the trail. It's a great way to meet cool people and do important work. So if you love the trail..volunteer or write a check.

      http://thesheetnews.com/archives/12565

      http://www.pcta.org/help/volunteer.asp
      http://www.pcta.org/help/donate.asp

      off belay,

      Jack

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 4, 2012
          That looks like the section of the JMT I hiked through in 08' from Deer meadow to the Middle Fork Trail Jct.. It was a pain in the a$$! It slowed us down quite a bit, but wasn't a 'deal breaker' for not being able to get around.

          I sent in a request to the PCTA to Volunteer some time for the Reds Meadow blow down, but have not heard anything back yet. Has anyone else heard anything back from them?

          Thanks for the link John.