Southbound July 25

  • Darlene Scott
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2008
      Hi all:

      I will be leaving Tuolomne Meadows on July 25 with Paul (eaglepdub)and
      others and look forward to running into those that will be out on the
      trail at that time. We are planning 15 days to Whitney Portal with
      resupply at Reds Meadow, VVR and MTR. I've been enjoying all the banter
      on equipment, maps, resuppling, food, etc. I'm 52 and doing the trail
      for the second time. I travel as light as I can with few luxury
      items. A third pair of socks is my biggest luxury! I take that back.
      I have a Solio solar powered battery recharger and have found that
      makes me quite popular on the trail!

      Darlene
      aka Scout
    • Paul
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2008
        Darlene,

        Nice to see your post!

        You forgot to mention that you like to start hiking before sun up,
        in fact before all the stars have gone away and are in bed by late
        afternoon. Yes, you are 52 but you hike like a 29 year old.

        BTW, I think you best luxury item is you I-bra.

        See ya in 12 weeks!!!!!

        Paul

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Darlene Scott"
        <yountvlmom@...> wrote:

        > Hi all:
        >
        > I will be leaving Tuolomne Meadows on July 25 with Paul (eaglepdub)
        and
        > others and look forward to running into those that will be out on
        the
        > trail at that time. We are planning 15 days to Whitney Portal
        with
        > resupply at Reds Meadow, VVR and MTR. I've been enjoying all the
        banter
        > on equipment, maps, resuppling, food, etc. I'm 52 and doing the
        trail
        > for the second time. I travel as light as I can with few luxury
        > items. A third pair of socks is my biggest luxury! I take that
        back.
        > I have a Solio solar powered battery recharger and have found that
        > makes me quite popular on the trail!
        >
        > Darlene
        > aka Scout

      • Bob
        Message 3 of 4 , May 12, 2008
          Maybe I'll see you folks on the trail. I'll be leaving YV southbound
          on 7/26. Plan on 13-17 miles per day.

          Bob R

          --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <eaglepdub@...> wrote:

          > Darlene,
          >
          > Nice to see your post!
          >
          > You forgot to mention that you like to start hiking before sun up,
          > in fact before all the stars have gone away and are in bed by late
          > afternoon. Yes, you are 52 but you hike like a 29 year old.
          >
          > BTW, I think you best luxury item is you I-bra.
          >
          > See ya in 12 weeks!!!!!
          >
          > Paul
          >
          > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Darlene Scott"
          > <yountvlmom@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi all:
          > >
          > > I will be leaving Tuolomne Meadows on July 25 with Paul
          (eaglepdub)
          > and
          > > others and look forward to running into those that will be out on
          > the
          > > trail at that time. We are planning 15 days to Whitney Portal
          > with
          > > resupply at Reds Meadow, VVR and MTR. I've been enjoying all the
          > banter
          > > on equipment, maps, resuppling, food, etc. I'm 52 and doing the
          > trail
          > > for the second time. I travel as light as I can with few luxury
          > > items. A third pair of socks is my biggest luxury! I take that
          > back.
          > > I have a Solio solar powered battery recharger and have found
          that
          > > makes me quite popular on the trail!
          > >
          > > Darlene
          > > aka Scout

        • Darlene Scott
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 21, 2008
            Hi Everyone:
            I have enjoyed the conversations the last few months and know much of
            the information that has been shared will be useful to me on my hike.
            We leave from Tuolomne Meadows on Friday and the plan is to summit on
            Aug 8. Thank you all for keeping me enthused, excited and aware. I
            hope to meet some of you on the Trail!
            Darlene aka Scout