Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Keeping your feet dry

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 8 12:01 PM
      On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 10:40 AM, speedcenter2001 <pburke@...> wrote:

      No gaiters, etc? - amazing how little people prepare for trips where failure could mean death. My guess is this person at the most had snow shoed through his local park before taking on the Yosemite traverse, and probably has never been in the mountains in true winter conditions while on snowshoes.

      I don't know for sure he had failed to bring gaiters.  It's just my guess if his boots got that wet in the snow

      Odd thing is he was a guy with tens of thousands of miles under his belt, though mostly as a road hiker.  Interesting Wikipedia article on him

      Colin Skinner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia