RE: [John Muir Trail] Equinox Katahdin UL pack

  • Don Amundson
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7, 2012
      I don't have any experience with the Katahdin but have suggestion (not surprising).  One significant issue for backpacking where bear canisters are required is how they work with your pack--not necessarily the weight but the bulk.  A shorter, thorough shakedown/test trip is a good idea before you commit something longer.

      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      From: squinne1@...
      Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 06:05:39 +0000
      Subject: [John Muir Trail] Equinox Katahdin UL pack

      Does anyone have experience with the Equinox Katahdin pack ?

      I was considering it for long distance hiking out here on the JMT in the future. I am looking to go back to my roots of carrying just enough to to get through the sierras in one piece and keep my weight down to 40lbs total . I am tired of carrying over 50 lbs and pounding my joints to death .. I looked at the osprey but i didnt find it and I am really not interested in that pack... thanks in advance all !! sq

      http://www.equinoxltd.com/the-gear/backpacks-and-pack-covers/katahdin-ultralite-pack.cfm