Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Rejection

    Message 1 of 55 , Feb 6, 2012
      I believe it was 2011 when they started the lottery process and I know it was not first come first serve.  My fax was in 1 minute after midnight and all my 3 choices were rejected.  I called and they said all faxes submitted after closing and received before opening are put into a lottery pool.  That lottery pool comes before additional reservations are sent in though.
      Visit Roleigh's Google Profile
      _

      On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 9:21 PM, charliepolecat <kennethjessett@...> wrote:

      In answer to another comment off-line, although the permit process says the selction process is the result of a lottery, I suspect it may actually be first come first served. I wonder if anyone has been in the permit office and seen what the actual process is.