Permit lottery - when choices are across days?

  • ahhh_go
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2012
      A few of us are hoping to start thru SOBO in early Sept. Does anyone know how you handle lottery permit submission if your three picks cross days.

      For example, say our first choice was on a Monday from HI to LYT; and our second choice was Tuesday from HI to Sunrise/Merced thru; and third choice was Tuesday from HI to LYT.

      If we fax in the request for the corresponding Monday lottery, and don't get that first choice, do they re-enter me for my Tuesday choices? If not, how do we know - since their website indicates the rejection will come in a business day (e.g. presumably too late to know before Tuesdays fax period)? If I fax again Tuesday, do I get DQ'd due to the rules against multiple submissions?

      We've never done the JMT. I've done the Half Dome hike a few times, the other 2-3 in the group have not. For those reasons, we really like to do the "official" JMT this time; meaning we'd rather hang in the Valley and leave a day later rather than come in from Glacier Point or a flop from Tuolumne.