Re: Major Sierra tree troubles this year

  • Roleigh
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2012
      Sounds like an interesting thread to follow at this forum. And good advice for where you camp at night on the JMT when beneath treeline.

      Sent to you by Roleigh via Google Reader:

      Posted by CaT:
      [quote]I'd be very concerned about unstable hazard trees. A forest worker was killed last year by a falling tree on her tent. There's a lot of unstable stuff, and a lot of broken-off branches still up in trees, waiting to fall.I hope people are careful about looking up when they stop to camp or rest.[/quote] Sounds like the woods on our farm. I'll certainly be careful. Thanks for the report, Ken.CaT

      Things you can do from here: