JMT Hike In August

  • kenpieh@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30 7:56 AM
      I am going to do the JMT north - south starting?in mid August?and am willing to do it solo but would also enjoy going with someone else part or all of the way as well.?I am male, 57, happily married, 4 kids, 5 grand kids, have done?solo and group hikes and expect/plan to take about?17 - 22 days to complete the trek.?

      If you are planning on a somewhat similar schedule, and are interested in doing at least some of the trek with someone else, please let me know.

      Thanks,

      Ken

    • taterno@cox.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30 11:21 AM
        Hi Ken,

        I am interested in possibly joining you. I need to get back to work, and I will email you with more details about me tonight. In short, I am male, 55, kind of overweight, spend a week in the high Sierra each summer backpacking with my son.

        Later,

        Tom Aterno
        The Incredible Bulk

        ---- kenpieh@... wrote:

        =============
        I am going to do the JMT north - south starting?in mid August?and am willing to do it solo but would also enjoy going with someone else part or all of the way as well.?I am male, 57, happily married, 4 kids, 5 grand kids, have done?solo and group hikes and expect/plan to take about?17 - 22 days to complete the trek.?

        If you are planning on a somewhat similar schedule, and are interested in doing at least some of the trek with someone else, please let me know.

        Thanks,

        Ken

      • hewhohikesalot
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30 2:57 PM
          Hi Ken,

          I'm going to hopefully complete the JMT this summer by hiking from
          South Lake over Bishop Pass finishing at Whitney Portal. I'm
          starting on Aug 17 and have allowed 10 days to complete this
          section. If anyone is interested in joining me for some or part of
          the trip let me know. Over the last two summers I have completed the
          section from Tuolumne Meadows to South Lake solo. I'm a 55 year old
          male and happily married.

          Gary

        • kenpieh@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 30 3:24 PM
            im starting at yosemite so you will be far ahead