RE: [John Muir Trail] Whitney Permits not allowed on Sept 4,5,6,7,10,11,12,13

  • robert shattuck
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2 12:23 PM
      I've been on the trail while they've been blasting and it's no big deal. Delays, yes, but they aren't chasing you out of the mountains if you're already there.

      BOB

      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      From: emily_yi2004@...
      Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 12:19:48 -0800
      Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] Whitney Permits not allowed on Sept 4,5,6,7,10,11,12,13

      My hiking partner called the wilderness permit office and this is the answer she got:

      If we are on Mt. Whitney Trail on Sept. 4th, there will be some delays on switch back for us.
      We can hike through no problem while they are repairing.

      -Emily