Re: New Stove

  • Carol
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 6, 2008
      I like my Snowpeak Gigapower stove, it fits inside my MSR Titan Kettle
      or Snowpeak mug, and it's never failed me.

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "t_b_sharp" <t_b_sharp@...>
      wrote:

      > I'm looking at the MSR Pocket Rocket or the MSR Windpro. Does anyone
      > have experience with either of these (i.e. Fuel consumption, burn
      time
      > etc).
      > Or, does anyone have a favorite one they can recommend?
      > Trying to keep it under $100.
      >
      > Thanks in advance.
      >
      > Todd.

    • Steve Schauer
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 6, 2008
        We're all about eating well, too! We use our jetboil,
        and bring a little fry pan, too. Here are some good
        ideas for trail food:
        http://www.johnmuirtrail.org/meals.html
        I even put some recipe links. I'm dehydrating fruit
        right now for our summer hiking.
        Claire

      • hmdsierra
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 6, 2008
          I dried fruit and frozen vegetables, french cut green beans. When we
          lived in Bakersfield there was plenty of solar power for drying. Here
          in Oregon is a different story. I made many of my meas from the
          grocery store, Rice & Sauce, Pasta & Sauce. Many of the packages have
          recipes on the box you can use. I would take a can of chicken, ham,
          Spam or corned beef. Corned beef and drie hash browns make a fine
          hash. Potatos Au Gratin with a can of ham is a good meal. Always had
          plenty of bread, bisquit mix realy, of various ingredients, whole
          wheat, cornmeal, oatmeal. We always eat well. My son worked for the
          Forest Service a couple of years ago and made a couple of overnight
          hikes for the job. His companions were impressed with the Rocky Roak
          Pie.

          --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Steve Schauer <clairehiker@...>