[John Muir Trail] Re: They Keep Shrinking: Smaller & Lighter PLB From DME

  • charliepolecat
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 9, 2011
      Roleigh,

      When I'm in the mountains - and just about anywhere else - I'm like Garbo; I just want to be alone. And I have enough self assurance when I'm off on my own that I do not need a security blanket.

      Although, I'm happy that the number of hikers who clog the permit office each year seem to indicate there are many in todays', 'Connected World' that are willing to forgo the comforts of Best Buy and trek out into the wilderness, even of they have to lug a 3 oz. 'help' device with them to do it. :-)