Re: [John Muir Trail] A serious disagreement about using a Spot

  • charliepolecat
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 19, 2011
      I read on the BPL forum that several commentators were of the opinion that Selwyn 'panicked' and by inference that had he not done so he could have rapelled out of his situation.

      One wonders therefore, that had he not had a Spot device, would he then have actually effected his own 'rescue' and not needed the services of SAR.

      We have discussed before the unnecessary reliance on Spot devices and the abrogation of our own ability to tend to ourselves.