Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: North lake entry

  • Barbara Karagosian
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 28, 2011
      Not scared off John!  Advice much welcomed  Good to have a heads up about lack of trail signs.  Sounds like a 2 day/1 night trip. I've been along the JMT from the bridge in both directions a couple of times. Haven't seen the inscription, nor the cabin, yet. Too busy looking at my feet, most likely.

       Barbara
      Typos by iPhone.

      On Oct 28, 2011, at 6:39 AM, "John" <johndittli@...> wrote:

      Barbara

      I didn't want to scare you off with that last message. From the east, Piute is a relatively mellow pass by JMT standards. Well traveled and well maintained. The steep section is short and way down toward the SJ river.

      As far as time. People are different eh? One May I snowshoed over the Pass and down to the SJ in one day to get the final images for WTS. With my sweetheart (54 and no stud muffin :-), we do it in two days (camping either in Humpherys Basin or Hutchenson).

      Nice camping in big Junipers down at the confluence (Piute/SJ south of the bridge). Also, about a half a mile or mile south, keep an eye out for "Muir Trail" inscription.

      JD
      www.johndittli.com