Interesting link added to our library today

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2011
      I wish there was one page that told the building of the hut and the history of the hut since then (including the lightening death and changes to the hut after that).  If anyone has a better link to suggest, please provide!  Thanks.

      The building of the Mt Whitney Hut (Cabin)
      Excerpt: "In 1909 it took four weeks to build a three room cabin or hut on Mt. Whitney. The cabin was built for astronomers to try and make observations that might prove the existance of water on Mars." Note: for southbound JMT hikers, this hut is your official end point.
      http://www.admit-one.net/index.php/2009/10/18/mt-whitney-hut/

      --
      Visit Roleigh's Google Profile