  • Roleigh
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 2011
      I forgot that John Dittli has his own JMT blog. This was his first posting to his blog. I added it to my Google Reader list of hiking blogs. By the way, check out my new Google Profile (which I discovered 2 days ago, I like this better than Facebook as you have 100% control of page content (well there is some structure apriori there by Google, but minimal).

      https://profiles.google.com/104440166440169700478/about

      On my profile is a link to the Google Reader hiking blogs I follow (I have not added John's blog to that bundle yet).

      You'll see my endorsement of John's book if you click on his book page. It is the single best photographic book on the JMT and the best trail history writeup on the making of the JMT trail.

      http://johndittli.com/site/content/view/57/48/

      Sent to you by Roleigh via Google Reader:

      Front Cvr 2

      Walk the Sky: Following the John Muir Trail, Companion Press, 10 x 11 inch, 136 pages 85 color plates including 18 full bleed panoramas, 20 b&w illustrations .

      Hardcover trade edition available through fine book stores or order direct.

      Limited slipcased  Collectors Edition available only through the artist: $85.    here.

      Front Cvr

      Trade Edition  $50.00 us

      “Awesome … no other publication I have read does a finer job of getting at the physical and emotional transcendence that occurs from spending large uninterrupted periods of time in Wilderness.” –Eric Gabriel, Valley District Ranger, Yosemite National Park “The  essays do a lovely job of conveying things that feel so familiar to the life and work that we experience working in the high sierra (the physical attunement of one’s body after weeks and months on the trail).  I found myself wanting to see many more of John’s gorgeous images … he has captured beautiful images with the eye of someone who is intimate with the land he is photographing.” -Erika Jostad, Backcountry Ranger, Sequoia National Park

      Things you can do from here: