Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: wag bags

  • Jgoring1
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 2, 2011
      Red herring.  Packing it all out via mule or llama would be safer and cheaper than the helicopter.

      Via iPad

      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 3, 2011
        On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 10:13 PM, Jgoring1 <jgoring1@...> wrote:

        Red herring.  Packing it all out via mule or llama would be safer and cheaper than the helicopter.

        Others will know this better than I, but I would guess that snow and ice would make the trail from Whitney Portal to the summit impassible for pack animals 9 or more months per year.

        John Ladd
      • John
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 3, 2011
          Not to mention the not so insignificant trail impact and safety issues involved with packing (especially on such a busy trail). It's not necessarily cheaper either.

          Cheapest and safest way to get it out of the backcountry; have the people pack it out.

          JD
          www.johndittli.com