Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Back in the day

  • Kim Fishburn
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2011
      #10 Tin cans? the last time I saw one of those I was camping in the Emigrant Wilderness. I heard a noise so I went down by the creek but didn't see anything. The next day I went do to get some water and saw something on the other side of the creek which I went to investigate. It turns out some horse packers had come in to drop of some food for a trail crew, only the trail crew didn't show up till  the next day. They just left the food laying on the ground. I probably heard them just as they were leaving. When I saw the food the next day the bears had already found it during the night. They'd ripped open the #10 tins of Kool-Aid and other food and had a picnic. There was huge piles of bear scat nearby. When the trail crew showed up they hung what was left in the tree and went to work.

      Kim

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2011
        Very cool.

        Here is another one from 1975, it also has music.

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygin-fTfChU