RE: [John Muir Trail] Better than the great WAG BAG DEBATE and much more fun than my vids . . .

  • robert shattuck
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 30, 2011
      ". . . carrying his bear barrel with his hand through the open lid"

      Stu!

      I remember him . . . if you recall he also had a very small pack . . . but just think––by carrying the canister in his hands all day, he cuts down on his pack weight ;)

      BOB

      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      From: stuartdodson@...
      Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 09:47:31 +0100
      Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] Better than the great WAG BAG DEBATE and much more fun than my vids . . .

      I remember on the trail I was passed by two guys one of which was carrying his bear barrel with his hand through the open lid. Clearly leaving a smell trail for the bears. I guess he had no room in his pack,takes all sorts.