RE: [John Muir Trail] ants

  • Dan McGuire
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 11, 2008
      No Problem at all.

      From: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com [mailto:johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of guildshoes
      Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 12:15 PM
      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [John Muir Trail] ants

      I was surfing and found reference to a red ant problem on the goliters
      web page. Are ants a particularly intense problem on the trail? I
      have only hiked along the Appalachians.

      Thanks

    • Paul
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 11, 2008
        The only kind of Ants I have ever seen along the JMT were chocolate
        covered and they were tasty!

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "guildshoes" <PaddyBeer@...>
        wrote:

        > I was surfing and found reference to a red ant problem on the
        goliters
        > web page. Are ants a particularly intense problem on the trail? I
        > have only hiked along the Appalachians.
        >
        > Thanks

      • thomas taylor
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 11, 2008
          You must have been on that "trippy" part of the trail
          that I only heard about.

          --- Paul <eaglepdub@...> wrote:

          > The only kind of Ants I have ever seen along the JMT
          > were chocolate
          > covered and they were tasty!
          >

          > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "guildshoes"
          > <PaddyBeer@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > I was surfing and found reference to a red ant
          > problem on the
          > goliters
          > > web page. Are ants a particularly intense problem
          > on the trail? I
          > > have only hiked along the Appalachians.
          > >
          > > Thanks

        • Paul
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 11, 2008
            --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, thomas taylor <tgtaylor7@...>
            wrote:

            Yes, it was way back in 2006 when they were serving Beer and Hotdogs
            at the Muir Hut on Muir Pass.

          • Patronio@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 12, 2008
              unusual question. . .they were so small that I never saw them. . ..

            • thomas taylor
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 12, 2008
                That aint nutin. They were serving hot cakes with
                butter, syrup, and coffee on the south side of Silver
                Pass one morning and no ants were there. A couple of
                marmots maybe, but no ants.

                Thomas