ants

  • guildshoes
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 11, 2008
      I was surfing and found reference to a red ant problem on the goliters
      web page. Are ants a particularly intense problem on the trail? I
      have only hiked along the Appalachians.

      Thanks
    • Dan McGuire
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 11, 2008
        No Problem at all.

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 11, 2008
          The only kind of Ants I have ever seen along the JMT were chocolate
          covered and they were tasty!

          --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "guildshoes" <PaddyBeer@...>
          wrote:

          > I was surfing and found reference to a red ant problem on the
          goliters
          > web page. Are ants a particularly intense problem on the trail? I
          > have only hiked along the Appalachians.
          >
          > Thanks

        • thomas taylor
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 11, 2008
            You must have been on that "trippy" part of the trail
            that I only heard about.

            --- Paul <eaglepdub@...> wrote:

            > The only kind of Ants I have ever seen along the JMT
            > were chocolate
            > covered and they were tasty!
            >

            > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "guildshoes"
            > <PaddyBeer@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > I was surfing and found reference to a red ant
            > problem on the
            > goliters
            > > web page. Are ants a particularly intense problem
            > on the trail? I
            > > have only hiked along the Appalachians.
            > >
            > > Thanks

          • Paul
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 11, 2008
              --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, thomas taylor <tgtaylor7@...>
              wrote:

              Yes, it was way back in 2006 when they were serving Beer and Hotdogs
              at the Muir Hut on Muir Pass.

            • Patronio@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 12, 2008
                unusual question. . .they were so small that I never saw them. . ..

              • thomas taylor
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 12, 2008
                  That aint nutin. They were serving hot cakes with
                  butter, syrup, and coffee on the south side of Silver
                  Pass one morning and no ants were there. A couple of
                  marmots maybe, but no ants.

                  Thomas