Re: [John Muir Trail] Map / Tree and Other Plant Field Guide

  • Patt gray
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 10, 2008
      For the very best natural history book available take a look at "Laws Field Guide to the Sierra Nevada" , author John Muir Laws(No relation to JM) ..even if you decide it to be to heavy(1#+) for your hike you'll want it just because...it's the Very Best....Available on Amazon---check out the reviews!!!
      Patt @ MTR

      guildshoes <PaddyBeer@...> wrote:
      I was wondering if anyone can recommend a field guide for wildflowers
      and trees along the John Muir Trail

      Also, am hoping to find a one sheet map showing the entire trail,
      something nice enough to hang on a wall

      Thanks,
      Kevin

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      patt gray

    • Steve Schauer
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 10, 2008
        I took the Tom Harrison Map pack and pieced it
        together on my wall. It was pretty cool.