Map / Tree and Other Plant Field Guide

  • guildshoes
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 10, 2008
      I was wondering if anyone can recommend a field guide for wildflowers
      and trees along the John Muir Trail

      Also, am hoping to find a one sheet map showing the entire trail,
      something nice enough to hang on a wall

      Thanks,
      Kevin
    • Patt gray
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 10, 2008
        For the very best natural history book available take a look at "Laws Field Guide to the Sierra Nevada" , author John Muir Laws(No relation to JM) ..even if you decide it to be to heavy(1#+) for your hike you'll want it just because...it's the Very Best....Available on Amazon---check out the reviews!!!
        Patt @ MTR

        guildshoes <PaddyBeer@...> wrote:
        I was wondering if anyone can recommend a field guide for wildflowers
        and trees along the John Muir Trail

        Also, am hoping to find a one sheet map showing the entire trail,
        something nice enough to hang on a wall

        Thanks,
        Kevin

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        patt gray

      • Steve Schauer
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 10, 2008
          I took the Tom Harrison Map pack and pieced it
          together on my wall. It was pretty cool.