Altitude, fuel and medication

  • reperes_pleinair
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2008
      Hi everyone,

      I have a few more questions regarding the JMT.

      1. Alcohol consumption

      I know that the water boiling point is lower with altitude. But what
      about the fuel consumption for an alcohol stove ? Do I need to
      increase the amount of fuel ? If yes, what percentage of increase ?

      2. AMS medication.

      Do you know if medication for AMS is commonly in first aid kit ?
      I have read some PCT and JMT journals where people uses Diamox, for
      example.

      3. Harrison maps

      I own the 1994 edition. Lot of changes with the 2004 edition ? From
      what I saw, lat/lon were added for GPS.

      Thanks

      Michel
      from Montréal